OrKidstra on coronavirus/COVID-19
The health and safety of our students, families, teachers, staff, volunteers, supporters and organization is our priority during the developing situation surrounding COVID-19/novel coronavirus. In response to these concerns, and the Ministerial Order to close all publicly funded schools in Ontario, OrKidstra has made the decision to cancel all location-based programming from March 14 through to at least May 3, 2020. OrKidstra will continue to monitor the situation and will base future decisions on communications from the provincial and federal governments as well as the health and safety of our OrKidstra family.
OrKidstra is pleased to announce that is has now launched a multi-layered, virtual learning strategy for its students and beyond! This new approach combines creativity and technology in a fun and accessible way to help benefit OrKidstra students of all ages and empower them to continue building success – and brighten their days – with music at home. Please click here for more information on this exciting new initiative.
In line with recommendations from the federal government, OrKidstra staff will be working from home from March 14 through to at least May 3, 2020, and the OrKidstra office will not be open to the public. All staff can be reached via contact information found here. For questions related to the office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents and guardians are urged to check their emails for updates from OrKidstra. For additional questions regarding programming, please contact email@example.com.
We encourage everyone to continue following advice from public health agencies and other trusted sources. Take good care ♥
- Physical (social) Distancing and Self-Isolation Instructions for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) from Ottawa Public Health.
- Check out this 5 minute video from Ottawa Public Health.
- Here is a resource to help you speak with children/your child about COVID-19/Coronavirus.
- Here is a fun video to learn about sneezing.
- Information on Hand Hygiene and Handwashing.
- Public Health Canada Coronavirus Fact Sheet.
- Government of Canada Travel Advisories.
- Frequently asked questions.
Updated April 1, 2020, at 2:30 PM