Donation of Time and Services
Program Volunteers Sue Abbott, Martha Nabatian, Mary Jean Duncan and Nancy Adams are very dedicated volunteers who, for many years, have been greeting OrKidstra children as they arrive for lessons and rehearsals.
Ensconced in the foyer of the Bronson Centre, surrounded by attendance sheets, name tags and snacks provided by the Food Bank they are always ready to answer questions with a warm smile as they make sure that the kids get to their classes ready and raring to go.
“The world of OrKidstra is a world of smiles, encouragement and mutual respect. I enjoy meeting families from such diverse backgrounds and realizing that their children have access to first rate musical learning and community involvement on various levels. It’s wonderful to see so many children thriving and achieving high standards of excellence. Their harmony extends beyond music.”
We would like to thank the following who have donated their valuable time and services to our organization:
- Nancy and Barry Craven for organizing and keeping track of our many donated and purchased instruments.
- Laurence Wall (CBC), Denise Fung (CBC), Steven Mazey (Ottawa Citizen) and Elizabeth Payne (Ottawa Citizen) for invaluable media coverage and support.
- Margaret Munro Tobolowska for donating proceeds from the sale of 100 CD’s ‘A Cello for Chelsea’ and ‘Zara the Maggini’.
- Ian Warren, barrister and solicitor, for providing pro bono legal services to help us get the Foundation started.
- Nelligan O’Brien Payne for legal advice and support.
- Paula Koundakjian for her many hours of helping to edit and write grants.
- Advance Printers for generous printing services .
- Colin Traquair & Troy Kay for their graphic design services.
- Anne Cure for donating many hours to help set up, maintain and improve the string instruments.
- NACO members, University of Ottawa professors and freelancers for their ongoing support in playing with the Kids, putting on fundraising concerts – most recently or upcoming: Karen Donnelly, Leah Roseman, Parv Eshghi, Stephane Lemelin, Paul Marlyn, Donna Brown.
- Local performing groups who have donated tickets so that our children could attend performances: NAC, OSO, Ottawa Chamber Music Society, Ottawa Chamber Orchestra, Strings of St. John’s, Music & Beyond Orpheus Choral Group, Musica Viva.
- The Venezuelan Embassy for their ongoing friendship and support.
- McLeod-Stewarton and First Unitarian churches for providing great concert spaces.