OrKidstra Teaching Artist Microprogram Workshops
November 24 – 25, 2018 (10 AM to 5 PM)
OrKidstra 1: Fundamentals of Teaching Artistry in El Sistema – strings & band
Presented by the uOttawa Music Pedagogy Professional Development Program, the School of Music & OrKidstra – open to everyone!
November 24 – 25, 2018 – $275
Want to gain dynamic skills taught by some of Canada’s leading teaching artists? These OrKidstra Teaching Artist Microprogram Workshops will explore how your skills in teaching, artistry & entrepreneurship can intersect to help build creative engagement & change lives.
• Louise Paquette, OrKidstra String Director & violin teaching artist
• Donnie Deacon violinist/violist teaching artist, Music Director Ottawa Youth Orchestra Academy
• Kathryn Cobbler violin/viola teaching artist & storyteller
• Margaret Tobolowska, OrKidstra Co-Founder, cellist, composer, teaching artist
• Karen Donnelly, Principal Trumpet NACO
• Ed Lister, OrKidstra teaching artist, jazz trumpeter, composer, Founder London Gentlemen Records
• Raphael Weinroth-Browne, OrKidstra teaching artist, cellist, multi-instrumentalist & composer
• Jeannie Hunter, National award-winning high school band teacher, OrKidstra teaching artist
• Tina Fedeski, M.S.M. OrKidstra Co-Founder, Executive & Artistic Director and the OrKidstra administrative team
OrKidstra Teaching Artist Microprogram Workshops will help you develop many in-demand skills:
- Teaching: Developing pedagogical skills in a group music class setting & creating citizen artists.
- Artistry: Exploring how skills in teaching & as an artist intersect.
- Education: Exploring skills in fueling music excellence through creative engagement & connection.
- Artist’s Toolkit: Real insights from industry leaders on developing business, entrepreneurial & marketing skills for arts professionals.